May 22, 2010

Derek is OK

Some of you had asked where Derek was this week. . . . . .

Well he had to fly back to Seattle to take care of some paperwork at the hospital where he used to work before joining us.

While he was there he got shot, yes Shot!!!!. Some crazy guy had a grudge and was shooting people and Derek got shot near his heart.

Luckily Dr. Sloane was there and operated on him. The surgery took 6 hours and it was touch and go for a while but Derek has pulled through okay.

I managed to fly out to Seattle yesterday to make sure he was okay and got this photo.

If there are no complications Derek should be back at the store next week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, poor Derek. I am glad that he is on the mend. He will be missed at the store. What does he like for baked good, brownies, cookies, cakes, you name it and I will bake it.

ESS said...

I think he likes Lemon Cookies!

Kell Bell said...

Derek likes Lemon Cookies oh wait that is Michelle who likes lemon cookies

Anonymous said...

I have to say I have not been in the store lately. But I have been keeping up with the news Esp. Derek. I dont know for sure but being a Ex. Pre school teacher, I did my share of reading alot of books.From what I am reading about Derek he is sounding alot like Flat Stanley!!!!!

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! YOu have GOT to be kidding!!! He got shot!? And that's Sloan? whatever!

Anonymous said...

I was watching Oprah this past week. I heard her mention that she takes pictures with Flat Stanley. Maybe Derek would have a chance. He should check it out on his way back here. If he ever comes back!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you all have too much time on your hands (hee hee)
Signed YaYaYa