May 14, 2012

My Ranger U Adventure


I had an amazing time at Ranger U and wanted to share my experience with you.

Sorry there are a lot of photos . . .


I arrived at Newark Airport on Thursday Evening


It was cold, very cold.


The next morning I met some of my fellow students outside the hotel
while we were waiting to get picked up.

It was great to finally meet Kate Crane, Kaz Hall & Neil Walker

and then I got to go inside the Ranger Headquarters.

One of the first things we did was get a tour of the factory.

It was like Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory, full of secret recipes and wonderful concoctions.

it was absolutely fascinating

I loved seeing how everything was made.

Some of it I had seen in YouTube videos

but I never would have guessed at how they made some of the goodies that I play with every day.

We looked at everything and then we were able to take a stickles
and the
NEW LIMITED EDITION DISTRESS INKS
right off the conveyor belt

Funny, I thought the stickles would be hot just like a crispy creme donut but it wasn't :)

then we went back into the education room for our intense adventure.





A humungous THANK YOU to the fabulous Dyan Reaveley for bringing me some Twiglets.
Yeah. I haven't had these in years and it is one of the things I miss about living in England.
I LOVE Twiglets




The man who needs no introduction, Tim Holtz - we learned a lot from him on Day one




Day 2 Claudine Helmuth showed us some tips and tricks with her Paints and Mediums.

Then after lunch Tim was on the podium again, showing us some very cool stuff.

Day 2 was very intense, as we had to fit in a lot of techniques in that day.


Day 3 we learned from the fabulous Dyan Revealey.
Did I mention I love her? She bought me twiglets!!!!
I got to play with her awesome Dylusions Sprays and learn about some of the unique properties.

Here is a photo of Kaz and Dyan doing a Malteser trick,
I will show you the technique later

and then the rest of the day was back to Tim


I blinked and it was over.



I had an amazing time, absolutely amazing.
Fast paced, intense, but a ton of FUN




Here are some more photos from the event

Square Pizza Day - a time honored tradition with Ranger



A huge thank you to Patti, Alain, Justin, Dyan, Claudine, Tim, Mario and all the wonderful Ranger staff for an experience I will never forget

I have many more photos which I will share with you over the next few weeks.

3 comments:

EllenB said...

WOW! This must have been an amazing adventure! So happy that you got the chance of a lifetime!!

Kaz Hall said...

Thanks for the memories....had an amazing time.....it was so lovely to meet you too xx keep in touch xx

kaz x

Neil said...

Great memories, it was great to meet you and spend some time chatting. I hope you have a good time exploring all those lovely techniques!