May 3, 2014

I'm baaaaacccckkk!

By Tamara


Yes, it’s true.  I just couldn’t stay away.  Despite my busy schedule, I was missing my scrapbook store fix!  SO Michelle and I came to an arrangement… I’ll be writing some blog posts from home!  I figured you ladies out in blog land might want to know I’m back, so you’ll know who to complain about when Perfect Nancy gets called out for all her perfectness!!!!


First, I have to say, Yay!!!  I’m really happy to be back. 


Second, I have to say in all honestly that I’m FINALLY over all that award business.  For those of you who DON’T know, there is a very unfair awards system for employees at the store.  I mean, I worked there for how long without ever winning an award?  Rosemary won awards all the time.  Amy won awards.  I got hired, but not award.  Then Nancy came along and Boom!  Within a few days she had her first award.  And then her second.  And then her third!  Then Lisa won an award when she wasn’t even working there yet!  I mean, how fair is that??? 


But, all that is behind me now.  You know, when you’re part of a counseling program, you just learn so much about yourself.  It’s all about personal growth.  You know, it just occurred to me that I’ve been away a few months… some of you may not even remember me!  For those of you who might not know who I am, let me share a recent photo:


Tamara Finally Wins an Award! Tamara Finally Wins an Award!!!


That’s me there on the right.  I know it’s kind of hard to see my behind my GREAT BIG GIANT AWARD THERE!!! Tee hee hee…


Actually, that’s my certificate for entry into Chi Sigma Iota, the International Honor Society for Counselors.  I received it at the same time that I was inducted as our school’s very first chapter president.  (I know you can’t see it, but I’m practicing my very best president wave right now).  You know me, I like to keep things small and appreciate the little things in life.  Just call me Madam President.  Take that, crummy store non-award program!!!


Hopefully you all remember enough about me to know I joke around a lot.  I don’t really mean all the faux-nasty comments I make about Nancy (although I do TOTALLY expect her to call me Madam President… I’m just saying…)  What can I say, she’s just an awesome target! 


OK, seriously, I want to take a moment to really thank Michelle and Nancy.  After all, the fact that Michelle allowed me so much flexibility in my schedule and classes and that Nancy did so much (or really most of) the work load in the store allowed me to do what I needed to do at school, which allowed me to make the grades that led to my big award :)  So thank you both.  Here’s an award for Michelle:


Thank you, Michelle, for fostering a work environment that allowed me to succeed!! Thank you, Michelle, for fostering a work environment that allowed me to succeed!!


Please, don’t be disappointed that it’s just a virtual award.  I would have made one for you, but I didn’t have any scraps on the floor.  And, Nancy, you’re awesome too, but let’s face it.  You’ve won plenty of awards.  Don’t be greedy.


So, thanks to letting me back into blog land… can’t wait to see what trouble I can create!!!  I’ll see you in the scrapbook papers!


 



I'm baaaaacccckkk!

No comments: