January 19, 2009

Quick & Easy Banner

I had a few minutes to spare on Friday Night and made the following banner using scraps and leftovers. These banners are cute and can be made quickly for any occasion. I have added details below.

The background paper is made from scraps of Basic Grey glued onto Chipboard. I used the Crop a Dile to make the holes and strung the banner together using gold ribbon.



The Hearts are part of a Maya Road Coaster album which were covered with Music paper and them sprayed with Red Velvet Glimmer Mist. They are popped up. I also popped up the chipboard letters which were were covered in Gold Glitter. I edged the hearts with glitter. A butterfly was cut out using a butterfly Spellbinders die and metal. A spray of flowers was added to the bottom of the "E"



I stamped using a Magenta Stamp on the background paper. The Flourish and the Crown on the center of the Kaiser wood flower are embossed glimmer chips. I sprayed them with a light pink glimmer mist, inked them with chalk inks and then sprayed again using an irridescent spray. Really glimmery up close. I used Chalk ink on the kaiser wood flower.



The last view. I hope that this has inspired you to use up your scraps!!