December 19, 2012

Honey Boo Boo's Got Nothing On Us!

I don't think I will EVER get tired of mentioning Perfect Nancy's fascination with Honey Boo Boo.

I tend to think of America's fascination with Honey Boo Boo as the beginning of the end - I'm sure that the Mayan prediction about the end of the world has something to do with the popularity of this child and her "interesting" family. 

Michelle agrees with me - when we were talking about her today Michelle said, "I'd say she's a natural disaster but there's nothing natural about her... she's just a disaster!"  Poor Honey Boo Boo.  I do kind of feel bad for her - she's just a kid and it's not her fault she's been put in the position that she's in.  On the other hand, she certainly doesn't seem to mind it much!  Poor Honey Boo Boo... and lucky me - bwaa haaa haa!  When I finish reminding Michelle that her FAVORITE employee, "PN" is fascinated with Honey Boo Boo, she's sure to move me up a notch on the old award totem pole!!

Perfect Nancy (PN) loves Honey Boo Boo - I mean, she LOVES her!  They're even Facebook friends (or she liked her page, or something like that.  Who cares.  I, personally, think this tells us everything we need to know about PN!  Hee hee hee!  I'll be laughing all the way to my new award...)

Well, it just so happened that this week we got in an AWESOME new product and when I first took it out of the package and felt it, I thought, "Wow, this really reminds me of Perfect Nancy's fascination with Honey Boo Boo!"  Look at Honey Boo Boo's cute little jelly belly:


And then look at the awesome new Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plates:






OK, so you can't tell from the picture, but these gel printing plates are AWESOME - and when you touch them, they are kind of soft, kind of firm, kind of solid, kind of squishy... in short, they feel kind of like little bellies!  You just keeping wanting to poke them... and poke them, and poke them... See the connection? 

What's that?  You don't? 

Oh, well... just forget about it, OK?  There are no blogging awards anyway, or so I'm told... repeatedly...

Anyway, I guess I'll just tell you about the gel plates.  They really are great fun - gel plates are used to create your own unique backgrounds for scrapbooking, cardmaking, and art journaling.  Really, anything you want to use the papers for, you can.  The idea is to create your design on the gel plate and then transfer it to your paper for some very cool effects - check out some of these designs:






Aren't they just beautiful???  And it's actually incredibly easy to do.... Michelle will be offering a class on these in January, but in the mean time you can get the basic idea from this video:



I really think you guys are going to love these - come in and get yours before they sell out for the class!  (And just try to refrain from poking it - I dare you!)
 

No comments: