January 29, 2013

Tuesday Tutorial #8

Design team member Melinda Miller has been at it again - she comes to us this week with an fun filled layout tutorial using FabScraps' Summer Collection:



Everything Scrapbook and Stamps – Design by Melinda Miller

Paper Collection:    FABSCRAPS COLLECTION

Supplies:

Papers used from the collection:
·         Summer Lighthouse 2
·         Summer Fun 2
 
Other Supplies:
EK 3-D pop dots
Burlap, String, Corrugated cardboard
Distress Tool by Ranger
Ranger Archival ink Tim Holtz distress ink – Walnut
Crackle – Ranger
Acrylic paint
Le Plume II by Marvy in Red
Stencil – Studio 490


Instructions:
1.  For this single page layout I used the Summer Fun paper and my background. 

   
2. I cut the flags from two different papers and distressed the edges with the distress tool.  For my border, I cut a piece of corrugated paper 2 x 12” and using my fingers painted the paper with acrylic paints. I also used a bit of paint on the flags. Glue the flags down to the corrugated paper added a bit of string and more corrugated paper to top it off.
 
 

3. Apply crackle medium to the







4. To mat the photo, I used corrugated cardboard that I painted with acrylic paint and a scrap of text paper that I distressed with “vintage photo” distress ink.  Adhere down and add some string.
 
 
 

5. Other embellishments included the burlap laid across the paper and glued down.  A stencil by Studio 490 “Always Remember” used with acrylic paint and a sponge.



 

6. Pockets are part of the collection and were distressed with Vintage photo distress ink.  Beach sign is also part of the collection and was distressed with Vintage photo and Crackle was applied to the top. Edges were distressed with distress tool.


 
7. I cut the title Sandy Toes & Salty kisses and distressed it with Vintage photo with random polka dots added.

 
Thanks again to Melinda for this super cute layout idea - makes me want to grab some of this new line and some paints and get started on my own beachy layout!!