June 9, 2012

The Great Furniture Debacle

(An essay on the wild and wonderful happenings at ESS as described by Tamara.)

Alternate titles for this post include

"The Real Reason Nancy is a Blockhead" (my personal favorite)

or Rosemary's pick
"How to Drive Rosemary CRAZY in Three Easy Steps".

It's been going on for a while now. It's a conspiracy, I'm sure.

Nancy is SO determined that no one should win an award but her - she really is diabolical. She is patient and very, very cunning, our Nancy.

It started with a few pieces of furniture that she brought in to add to "the vintage, funky charm of our store", but that was just a ruse. She say's there is a plan, but I've discovered the plan - there is no plan. This is her way of keeping Rosemary and I off balance so that we cannot win awards.

You see, every week we have fairly set schedules. I only work Wednesdays, and Rosemary is off Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays. Every Wednesday Rosemary and I come in after having had several days off and we work together. You may think this is unimportant, but no - keep paying attention. This is crucial to the plan, because what happens is we come in to the store together and discover that absolutely nothing is where is was when we left last week. Nothing.

Why, do you wonder, would Nancy move everything around while we are off? Well, I have discovered the answer. Rosemary and I have worked here for a while - well, Rosemary for quite a long while and me a much shorter, more succinct while.

The point is, those of you who know us know that we've been here a while, which is why you must be so confused when you come in and ask, "Where is the animal paper?" and I lead you to an empty aisle and say something witty like, "Well, here is where it was last time I looked." Yes, I too can see that it is not here now. I'm am equally sure it is here somewhere, I just have no idea where. I will keep looking for it and will be sure to let you know if I turn anything up. I can hear you thinking to yourself, "That girl has been here a while now - doesn't she know where the animal paper is?" No. No I don't. You give up on me, realizing that I'm clearly a few cards short of a deck.

You turn to Rosemary. You say, "Last time I was here you had this really awesome Military themed scrapbook album - can you help me find it?" While I hide in the corner, praying you won't ask ME anymore questions, I hear Rosemary lead you to the place where the albums used to be and mutter something equally witty like, "Maybe I walked down the wrong aisle."

And wait - here is the most magical part of the plan. Since Rosemary and I are working together on Wednesdays that means that both Michelle and Nancy are off. Which means, of course, that the people who moved everything around in the first place aren't here to help us find anything.

Are you getting the picture yet?
At this rate, Rosemary and I will NEVER win any awards.
And I'm sure that's what Nancy has had planned all along.
Like I said, DIABOLICAL.

Here is pictorial proof of exactly what I'm talking about.... she took all the albums and moved them here:




From here:



Which, as you can see, is now full of amazing 7 Gypsies stuff (which, while amazing, is NOT at all like a scrapbook album when you're looking for one).

The 7 Gypsies stuff used to be here:




Which, as you can see, is now an expansion of our awesome Graphic 45 section here:





You see it, don't you?

Clearly you can see how Nancy has plotted and planned her great coup, right?

What's that? OK, OK, I hear you.

The new sections look great... yada, yada, yada.

Now there's 12 more feet of vintage loveliness for you to peruse.... whatever!

It's a plot, I tell you.

I have absolutely no idea what horrors are in store for us next week, but you can be SURE I'll keep you posted - now that I know the truth I am on the case.

(Really, I'm just not going to stop until I win an award. An awesomely amazing, more than 10 second award. That's all I have to say about that.)

8 comments:

Shelley said...

What you and Rosemary need to do is come in early on Wednesdays and put everything back the way it was. that should tik Nancy off!

jackib said...

That Nancy - she's the quiet one you have to watch out for! But I'm sure you all know how lucky you are to have her and how much we miss her up here in New England! Great story, by the way. :)

Tam said...

Not to worry - we secretly LOVE Nancy but we'll never tell her - after all, she is winning all the awards - wouldn't want her to get a big head or anything!!

Tam said...

Ha! Caught in the act!!! I love it when I am right (as I often am!) I went in to the store today and -no lie - both Nancy nd Michelle were moving paper racks! Caught them red handed! I think I will go make myself an award....

Jean said...

Well, that story doesn't sound diabolical to me at all! Sounds like that Nancy sure knows how to keep a store alive and product moving! Every good store owner and manager know that if you shift the product around it looks like new again, and/or helps regular customers see it from a new perspective!! Not diabolical at all, sounds more like a dedicated employee, which is a rare find!! Keep up the good work Nancy!!

Anonymous said...

Yep! Diabolical! A scheme, a plan! We must stop this atrocity! Rosemary and Tamara need awards for putting up with this trickery.
Jax

Anonymous said...

Having known Nancy longer than most, I am pretty sure when she arrives on Thursday after her day off and a woman walks in to ask where the animal print paper is. She will walk down the aisle to show her. She then gets to the place they once were and will also explain that here once sat the wonderful animal print paper. Then wondering where it is will call her sons complaining that we moved it on her or threw it away before realizing that she had moved it an aisle or two away... Love you

Anonymous said...

I say some people have no idea what hard work and great customer service is. Nancy "Rocks"....

Sign, God's Favorite :-)