November 11, 2013

Veterans Day, not just for sales

As I was driving into work this morning I hit a bit of traffic, very unusual for a 10 minute commute from Wellington. Then it hit me, today is Veteran’s Day and I was driving behind the parade route. While flipping the radio stations I came across “America the Beautiful” playing on the radio. As I listened it got me thinking about Veteran’s Day and it’s meaning. I know for sure it is not about Veteran’s Day sales!


Sometimes I think we all get so busy and just go through the motions and forget why we are doing what we are doing. Today is not just another day off school and work, it is not about the big sales in the stores, it is not about trying to figure out if the post office and banks are open. It is about being an American and  celebrating all those who have served in the Armed Forces and fight for our freedom, think about the sacrifices they have made and their bravery. It is time to thank our war heroes for their courage in war and in peace.


images


So as you enjoy your day off work and school today take a moment to reflect what it means to be free. Take time to thank those in the Nation’s Armed Forces, past or present!
VeteransDayPoembyjudybonzerThank you to all who have served!



Veterans Day, not just for sales

No comments: