January 23, 2014

Update from CHA 2014 Part III

Continuing the reporting on the recent CHA tradeshow – for the Scrapbook Enthusiasts -  Project Life and the Chalkboard Look are still big trends and quite a few of the manufacturers are coming out with both looks.


With regards to the Project Life trend, in my opinion Simple Stories and We R Memory Keepers do it in a more fun way with less repetition in “cards” and Simple Stories has introduced new Burlap Binders in hot colors.


Their new collection called DIY Boutique – which gives you the freedom to create your own elements to suit your personal style.  Start with the basic card, envelope, tag or pocket foundation, add layers and then add your embellishments.


Simple Stories DIY Boutique CHA 2014Frames chipboard stickers


and their Homespun collection is a lovely Home and Family collection


Homespun Stickers Simple Stories CHA 2014 Homespun Simle Stories


Simple Stories Homespun Collection


 We R Memory Keepers came out with a cool new punch board and some new smaller sized albums (4×4) perfect for Instagram photos with matching cards..


 


inked rose cards jet set We R Memory Keepers CHA 2014 4x4 black 4x4coral


 a new Flower punch board and matching stems.  I have a sample flower I made using it in the store. 


Flower Punch Board We R Memory Keepers


Best of all I got to meet the inventor behind all their punch boards.


 


Tomorrow I will share all the new paints and mediums I bought at the show and on Saturday I will share all the new dies  but, right now I have to go get ready for our Art Journaling class and as some of the products have already started to arrive from the show, I have some personal shopping to do :)


Edited to Add:  Nancy and Lisa told me I have to tell you what came in so far (before I shop):


New stamps from Character Constructions, Stampendous, Tim Holtz, Wendy Vecchi and Nathalie Kalbach.


Three new stencils from Tim Holtz


Molding Rubber and Resins perfect for making your own molds and embellishments.


 


 



Update from CHA 2014 Part III

No comments: